Saturday, April 18, 2009

An Update from our Beloved Amanda!

Dear loved and missed Agapeans -

I'm writing you from (currently) sunny Waldorf, Maryland, where I live with my new husband Ben. Oh yeah, I have a new name and everything. If you blinked, you might have missed the insanity whirlwind that was my February, when I got married, honeymooned, and moved to Maryland all in a two-week period. But now I'm all settled in here and I can kind of call this "home".

Ben and I are trying to find a church home, but so far nothing can compare to UPC, unfortunately. We tried the Presbyterian church, but no congregation with such an affinity for "Shine Jesus Shine" could be a comfort to a co-writer of Taize: The Musical. We tried being Lutherans for the Easter service, but I think we're going to keep looking for now. Methodists starting tomorrow!

I'm a housewife these days. I'm having trouble adjusting to having absolutely nothing to do with my days, so while looking for a job and doing some freelance projects, I'm leveling up my warlock in World of Warcraft. Don't judge - it's addictive. But I hope you'll think of me as I look for something to do in this economy. I'm looking at volunteer and non-profit work too, but no luck so far. So Smocksmock the Warlock will hit level 80 (the maximum) by next weekend. Oh well.

I miss you all so much. I definitely miss UPC. Five years with UPC meant five years of being spoiled by excellent preaching, fantastic music, and very special people. Please keep me in your prayers as I try to replace a little piece of the huge part of my heart torn out by leaving you.

Love and peace,
Amanda

No comments: