Monday, April 27, 2009

Lauron Fischer: Our New Campus Elder!

Austin Agape is thrilled that Lauron Fischer was ordained as an elder on Sunday! She will serve on the Session when she returns from her Fall Semester in Spain. Until then, Kathleen Fry has graciously agreed to be our Campus Elder for another semester, and that means for a short period of time, we have two ordained elders serving Austin Agape!



Oh Lauron. . . what would we do without you?










Who would impersonate Hermione Granger in a Snuggie?









Who would wear a ridiculous amount of hats just for our amusement?














Who would eat chairs and live to tell the tale?





The truth is this: We couldn't imagine Austin Agape without you, Lauron!


Here are some notes of encouragement from your friends and fellow-ministers at Austin Agape!


"Girino! I'm so glad to have you as our elder! I'm pretty positive you will be even more blessed in this position than you are, and we'll be too! More joy to everybody!"

-Julio Ferreira, Graduate Student







"Yay Lauron! I'm so proud of you, you're going to do a fantastic job as elder. Plus, you didn't mess up your I do's and I will's on Sunday. That automatically means you'll do fantastical. I love you, and hope you have a wonderful semester in Spain!!!!"

-Alyssa Nipp, Sophomore



Congratulations on becoming and Elder, Lauron! I know that you will find the experience to be interesting and that it will help to keep developing you as a Christian and Presbyterian. Our whole group is proud of you on becoming an Elder!"

-Quinn Fleming, Sophomore




"Lauron, thank you for serving our group and our congregation as an elder. I know that we will benefit from your enthusiasm, energy, and leadership. We love you!"

-Merrit Martin, Sophomore







"I know you'll do an awesome job as our new Campus Elder! I'm excited that you have the opportunity to bring our group together and help lead us. You will provide great leadership, friendship, and spiritual guidance to all members of our Austin Agape family. I know you'll help each of us grow in our relationships with each other while also growing in our faith. Good luck, and I'm really excited for you!"

-Drew Gerdes, Sophomore



"You are one of the sweetest, smartest, most wonderful girls I've ever met. And I feel so privileged to have you in my life as a friend. I can't think of anyone better to be campus elder. :) You will do an amazing job, no doubt about it. I love you, and I'm so incredibly proud of you!"

-Emmaline Loman, Sophomore



"Congratulations, Lauron! I could not think of a better person to entrust the future of our church with. I hope you find your work fulfilling, and that your wisdom and guidance can be well used."

-Jeffrey Stump, Sophomore






Lauron, we love you so much!

3 comments:

Lauron said...

Barcodes,

Your encouraging words mean so much to me. Thank you all for being supportive. I look forward to representing Austin Agape on the UPC Session next year. Until then, I will miss you very much over the summer and fall! Keep in touch!

Love,
Lauron

PPC Young Adults said...

Yay!

PPC Young Adults said...

And see! I told you not to eavesdrop! :)