Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where They Are Wednesday: Lauren!



Hey everyone! Hope Austin is treating you well and that your start of classes is good.

An update on my life.... I moved to Glendale, AZ (a suburb of Phoenix) in June- switched housing several times, and finally am settled into an awesome one bedroom apartment. I'm teaching first grade at Desert Spirit Elementary in Glendale. Right now I have 27 students, but on Tuesday I will be back down to 20 because our classes are way too overcrowded so another teacher has been hired. Work is fun, and extremely demanding. First grade is really important for learning to read, so it's a great responsibility. But, I have a fun, very talkative class of six year olds!

I also am completing a Master's of Education through Arizona State University downtown. Between work and being a full time grad student I'm super busy- but it's worth it. I miss all of you and Austin so much, and I hope to come back and visit soon!

-Lauren

No comments: