Friday, August 22, 2008

Meet Our Elder -- Kathleen Fry!



Hello Friends, it's your Campus Elder here. I just wanted to tell you a little bit about me and what it means that I am Campus Elder!

Kathleen Fry is my name, but you can call me K-Fry. I go to St. Edwards University and am currently studying to be an Educator of the Social Studies variety. I came to UPC my freshman year because I had met some of the people that belong to the church and decided they were just the right amount of kooky for me. I have been at UPC for two years and I am happy to call it my home. I think of you all as my family. Your hearts and minds are so incredible. I am thankful that I know you every single day and I'm so glad that I get to serve as your elder representative.

"What does that mean, Kathleen, that you are our elder representative?" Well, it means that I am the voice of our group in the larger church and in session meetings. Also I am head of the Campus Ministry Committee. The CMC organizes most of our events and works to come up with new ideas and new directions to take the group. I'm excited about getting to know you more this year and getting to hear your ideas. Feel free to talk to me if you are interested in getting more involved or if you just want to chat about life. I hope you all had a wonderful summer and I will see you soon!

Much love,
Kathleen

No comments: