Saturday, August 23, 2008

Meet Our Deacon -- Isaac Petersen!

Fellow Barcodes,

My name is Isaac and I will be the UPC Campus Deacon. For those who don't know me, I am a senior at UT and will be graduating in December. I am majoring in Psychology and French with a minor in Sociology, so if any of you are considering taking classes in any of those fields, come talk to me. Currently, I plan on attending a doctoral psychology program in child clinical next fall.

Just as Kathleen is the campus representative for the Elders, I will be representing the campus ministry at the congregational Deacon meetings. One of our goals this year is to bring the campus ministry closer to the general congregation, and this is one way that the college students can have a voice in the church as a whole. We are looking for other ways as well, to incorporate the two "sects" of the church, so if you have ideas for how we can accomplish that, please share. Thanks for making UPC such a special place, and I am looking forward to another great semester with you all.

Best wishes,
Isaac Petersen

No comments: