Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where They Are Wednesday: Jason!



T+1 Year

Well, it's hard to believe that it's been an entire year since I said goodbye to the community (y'all) that nurtured, laughed, challenged, supported and encouraged me for five years in Austin. In many ways, it doesn't seem like that long. In some ways, it seems longer.

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Jason. Before Renee and Scott were, I was. OK, that sounded hokey, but I was the first seminary intern to work with Ben, and had the joy of working with Renee and Scott when they first started at Austin Seminary, UPC and Agape. Just over a year ago, I took a call as a solo pastor for a small, rural church in Western New York, about an hour south of Buffalo, and a little more than that from Niagara Falls, where Canada is as well. It's beautiful country up here, and I've felt very comfortable becoming part of this community.

Through it all, though, I've pulled on the memories, and continued friendships, of everyone in the Agape community - you know who you are. In case you're new to the group, or wondering, the community of Austin Agape is one of the greatest gifts there is - the friendship and fellowship, worship and music, challenge and support are aspects you won't always easily find out in the world. And yet they all exist in one group of people...really kind of amazing! And it shows in me, in the way I relate with people up here, in the stories I tell, and the experiences I have to draw on. I wouldn't be who or where I am now if not for all of you! In fact, you can see evidence of that in the picture - that stole I'm wearing? Yeah, you all gave it to me. And as it's green, that means I wear it for Ordinary Time, the longest season in the church year, so every time I wear it, I'm wearing the presence of all of you with me. It's a great feeling.

I hope you're all having a great time, immersing yourselves in worship, study, laughter and vigorous four-square. I look forward to the next time I can come down to visit! Although, if you're ever in my neck of the woods, I have a house that's several times too big for me - just ask Jonathan, Amanda, Patrick H. or Rachael!

Peace and Laughter, Jason

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We miss you, Jason!

-Peace and Laughter, Indeed