Thursday, September 18, 2008



Howdy! My name is Jose Lopez and like Scott -- I too am a seminary intern. It sounds like a disease or something, geez. Well, I've been blessed to be in seminary for a year now and I am incredibly excited about the prospect of this second year but I am most excited about working with the Austin Agape Campus Ministry group this year!

I am originally from Arlington, Tx. but have lived here in Austin for over 3 years now, after graduating with a degree in BioEnvironmental Science from Texas A&M University. Let me just say, that I have a lot of respect for UT, specifically for the students and alumni. Everyone that I have ever met that has actually gone to UT has been a joy and pleasure to hang-out with and talk to. While here in Austin, I worked for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, and I can say that I have a reasonable understanding of environmentallly conscious topics, so if you want to talk "green", we can talk.

Anyway, I enjoy sports, funny shows, and whistles. That's right whistles. I am also blessed to be in a relationship with a fellow seminarian named Melissa, who has a wonderful heart and a tremendous desire to serve the Lord. I will be proposing to her at the end of this semester, most likely in Colorado where she is originally from! But Shhh! Don't tell her! She is the beauty in the picture with me to the right. :)

I hope and pray that this time spent at UPC will be fruitful for us and my goals are to get to know the group and the group to know me. I believe this is an incredible ministry and I hope that I can play some part in enriching the life of this dynamic community. I pray that this time in the life of the community will be one filled with faithful affirmation, personal development, and most importantly spiritual growth. I look forward to learning and growing with this group and ultimately in our relationships with the Lord. God bless each and every one of you. Holla.

- Jose

No comments: