Monday, October 6, 2008

Meet Lauron!



Hello Barcodes!

My name is Lauron Fischer. Until coming to Austin, I lived my whole life in the tiny town of Beeville, Texas, in between San Antonio and Corpus Christi. Currently I am a sophomore at UT, an engineering major of the electrical variety.

I have been going to UPC for a little over a year now, but I officially joined the church in March 2008. You may see me playing the flute every once in a while. If you play an instrument too, you are welcome to join me in PACEM, the ensemble that performs for our special monthly Taizé services. It is very fun.

This year I have become an officer, along with Caleb Braley, on the University Interfaith Council. The UIC is an organization that brings together Christian, Jewish, and Muslim ministries in the campus community to share ideas, have dialogue, and establish peace and understanding among people of different religions. What does that all mean, you ask? Well, for example, on Wednesday, October 15th, the UIC will host a progressive dinner, and we are all invited! More details to come. . .

Since becoming part of Austin Agape I have felt God’s presence in my life in ways I never have before. It is wonderful to call UPC my home away from home. I love all of you Barcodes very dearly, and I look forward to what our next few years together will bring.

With love,

Lauron

No comments: