Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An Update From Lauron!

Here's an update from our lovely Lauron Fischer! She is our Campus Elder for 2010, and she is spending this semester studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain. She looks forward to seeing all of you in the Spring - especially all of you who are new:

Hola Códigos de Barras!

Just a quick update from España! I arrived in Sevilla almost two weeks ago, but it really feels longer because of how much I am learning. I am staying with a family in a flat. They are very nice and the food is yummy. On school days, I have a three-hour Spanish class with other American students in my study abroad program, but that course will end on Friday. Then next week I begin a full course load at the University that lasts the rest of the semester. My plan is to take all the Spanish I possibly can; it's not every day you can study a language right from the source!

I already miss Austin Agape very much. You guys will have a fantastic semester together, I know it. To the newest friends of Austin Agape, I want to give you two tips: go to Wednesdays at Wendy's whenever you can, and keep your Spring Break open so you can come skiing with us in March! To be honest, the UPC ski trip was a factor in why I decided to study abroad in the fall. That's right... skiing with the Barcodes trumps Longhorn football. And that is sayin' a lot.

I love Austin Agape and I can't wait to see all of you in January!

Paz!

Lauron


Lauron also has her own blog to record her time in Spain. You can visit it at www.lauronfischer.blogspot.com.

No comments: