Monday, June 1, 2009

Prayers For Renee

I begin my CPE at Seton Family of Hospitals today in Austin. CPE stands for Clinical Pastoral Education. Basically I will be a full-time hospital chaplaincy intern for the summer. I will be assigned to one of the Seton Hospitals to work on Mondays and Fridays. Tuesdays through Thursdays I will meet with a group of other interns to debrief our experiences. We also work on-call one night a week.

CPE is not only about the ministry skills we will learn. It is a time to go inward to learn who we are, where we've been, and where we want to go. It is a time for exploring identity so that we might minister more deeply to others. What are our gifts? What are our limitations?

This will be more than full time work! I will continue to be at the church about ten hours a week also. I look forward to a busy but meaningful summer. I'm especially excited about our Summer Group! I hope to see you Tuesday night.

Prayers are appreciated!

Peace,
Renee

No comments: