Saturday, December 26, 2009

How is Your Break?

Our students are on holiday break from university life. It's time to celebrate Christmas and have some time for relaxation with family and friends before gearing up for the spring semester. Here's what some are doing these few days.

What have you enjoyed about your break and Christmas this year?

This year, i have enjoyed spending alot of my time with my family and seeing people who I haven't seen in a long time! I have also enjoyed being able to lounge alot and lead a very low-stress life that includes lying on the couch and walking my dog.

Yay Christmas!
-Alyssa Nipp, Junior


I've enjoyed being home! Seeing my friends and family again after being away for so long just felt so great. Though the snow was pretty cool too!

-Merrit Martin, Junior



I think that the best part of this christmas season has been the anything but ordinary circumstances that have lent themselves to yield a breath-taking view. What I am referring to is that about 3 months ago, my dad lost his job and subsequently, our Christmas spending was cut drastically. Even birthday spending for Benjamin and myself was cut too. This experience has opened my eyes to see the true gifts that God has blessed us with: Friends, family, and a lot of love. This experience has really shown me the true side of Christmas. We are brought together not so have the silent but existing competition of who can spend the most and make everyone else feel bad for not spending more. It is about sharing what we do have and enjoying it with others. We are to give ourselves... not meaningless gifts that just show out of touch we are. We are to share love, compassion, kindness... some of the parts that sum to the light of Christ... the babe in a manger.

-Timothy Pierce, Junior


Let's see. I think my favorite thing about Christmas this year was seeing all of my family and friends (from Houston). I was so busy this semester, I didn't go home at all and it was great to see them all again, as well as relax. I also really enjoyed all of the good food! Such a feast reminds me of dinner on Sundays. :)
Hope you and everyone else are having a great break!

-Catherine Faig, Sophomore

No comments: