Monday, August 17, 2009

Back in the Office! CPE Report.

Hey Austin Agape!

Guess what? The academic year is about to begin! We look forward to hearing what you did this summer, and we also look forward to seeing you! Your bright, shining faces will soon adorn our humble sanctuary.

Yes, that's cheesy.

But you are missed!

I thought I would give you an update about my wonderful summer of learning: This summer, I participated in a program called Clinical Pastoral Education with Seton Family of Hospitals. I served as a hospital chaplain for Seton Medical Center Austin. More specifically, I worked on the pulmonary/renal floor. I ministered to people who were experiencing lung and kidney diseases, and I also ministered to their families. I learned so much, and I met some incredible people who taught me a lot through their vulnerability and strength. I also met regularly with a peer group of other interns. We debriefed our experiences and learned a great deal about ourselves through our conversations. It was wonderful.

And I thought you would enjoy this: Jason, another intern, and I played a game of Irish Wristwatch all summer! The game was this - We came into our site, sneaking around to find the other person unaware. Then first person to say "IRISH WRISTWATCH!" took the day with one point. You will be pleased to know that I obliterated Jason in this game with an amazing final score of 24-13. I represented you well!

I hope to connect with each of you soon. And most of all, the entire church looks forward to seeing you again!

Peace,
Renee

No comments: